Wallasey Borough Police 1913 - 1967
On the 1st of April 1913, Wallasey Borough Police came into being, one of the last Borough Forces to be formed. Prior to that date Wallasey (which became a Borough in 1910) was policed by the Cheshire Constabulary.
The first Chief Constable, Percy L. Barry, came to the force from the Stoke on Trent Police Force. He continued in office until his death in 1933.
At the beginning the Force consisted of about 90 officers drawn from forces throughout the UK, including Liverpool.
Superintendent John Ormrod succeeded Mr. Barry and continued in Office until he retired in 1959 and was in turn succeeded by Superintendent and Deputy of the Force, Mr. Walter Marshall, who remained in Office until the amalgamation with the Cheshire Constabulary.